The two-day workshop will introduce participants to a four-week bridge-related learning module that has been used in elementary schools in Iowa. Some of the one-hour lesson plans include:
- What is an Engineer?
- Identifying a problem and solution
- What’s the strongest shape?
- Types and magnitudes of forces
- Famous bridges
- K’nexTM bridge building
- Engineering of balsa wood bridges
- Reflection on engineering and the engineering process
Participants will be provided with the materials necessary to implement the learning modules into their elementary classrooms.
- Where: Florida International University’s Engineering Campus (10555 W. Flagler St., Miami, FL 33174)
- When: June 11-12
- Time: 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Breakfast and lunch provided & Stipend of $100/day