The ABC-UTC has an Advisory Committee that provides recommendations on ABC-UTC operations. The ABC-UTC also has advisory boards that provide recommendations under each of its focus areas of Research, Workforce Development, and Technology Transfer. Additionally, advisory panels and committees make recommendations on specific projects or activities.
The following individuals serve on the Advisory Committee:
State Transportation Agencies
- Carmen Swanwick, AASHTO SCOBS T-4 Chair, Utah DOT
- Wayne Symonds, AASHTO SCOBS T-4 Vice-Chair, Vermont Agency of Transportation
- Ahmad Abu-Hawash, Iowa DOT
- Nancy Daubenberger, Minnesota DOT
- Tom Donald, Massachusetts DOT
- Shoukry Elnahal, Delaware River & Bay Authority
- Sam Fallaha, Florida DOT
- Bruce Johnson, Oregon DOT
- Jugesh Kapur, Burns & McDonnell; former State Bridge Engineer, Washington State
- Bijan Khaleghi, Washington State DOT
- Paul Liles, former State Bridge Engineer, Georgia
- Elmer Marx, Alaska DOT&PF
- Tom Ostrom, California DOT
- Robert Robertson, Florida DOT
- Monica Starnes, Transportation Research Board
- Kevin Thompson, former State Bridge Engineer, California
Federal Highway Administration
- Ben Beerman, Resource Center
- Riad Asfahani, U.S. Steel Corporation
- John Busel, American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA)
- Reid Castrodale, Lightweight concrete rep.
- Randy Cox, American Segmental Bridge Institute (ASBI)
- Mike Culmo, CME Associates, Inc.
- Jerry DiMaggio, Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- Carlos Duart, CDR Maguire
- Bill Duguay, Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), rep.; J.D. Abrams, LP
- Mal Kerley, NXL Construction Services, Inc.
- Danielle Kleinhans, National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA)
- Bill McEleney, National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA), consultant
- William Nickas, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI)
- Eliza Partington, FIGG
- Maury Tayarani, Pennoni Associates Inc.
- Taek-Ryong Seong, RIST – South Korea
- Chan-Hee Park, RIST – South Korea