December 4, 2020 9:30 am
Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) is becoming standard practice in states across the nation as bridge owners upgrade substandard bridges while maintaining traffic flow. The objective of this free virtual symposium, organized by the ABC-UTC, is to provide the latest essential information that bridge professionals need to know to effectively put ABC into practice.
- ABC and Safety / Mobility
- Romeo Garcia, FHWA
- Defining ABC
- Mary Lou Ralls Newman, ABC-UTC
- AASHTO LRFD Guide Specifications for ABC
- Mike Culmo, CHA Consulting, Inc.
- Decision Making: ABC vs Conventional
- Tim Fields, Connecticut DOT
- ABC Project Delivery
- Kristin Higgins, Vermont AOT
- Case Studies on ABC Bridge Bundling
- Ahmad Abu-Hawash, Iowa DOT
- Public Outreach on ABC Projects
- Eliza Partington, WGI, Inc.
- Optimized Risk in ABC Projects
- Matt Paggioli, Webber, LLC
- Sam Piland, Webber, LLC
- Use of Heavy-Lift Equipment for ABC Projects
- Bob Gunter, Barnhart Crane & Rigging, Co.
- Daniel P. Lodge, Barnhart Crane & Rigging, Co.
- Latest ABC Research Products Ready for Implementation
- Atorod Azizinamini, ABC-UTC
- Ultra-High-Performance Concrete (UHPC)
- Benjamin Graybeal, FHWA
- ABC Solutions and Applications in Seismic Regions
- Bijan Khaleghi, Washington State DOT
- Case Studies on 2 Weekend Closures for Bridge Replacements
- Bala Sivakumar, T.Y. Lin International
Committee on Bridges and Structures
Technical Committee for Construction
Accelerated Bridge Construction University Transportation Center (ABC-UTC)
at Florida International University