The ABC-UTC has an Advisory Committee that provides recommendations on ABC-UTC operations. The ABC-UTC also has advisory boards that provide recommendations under each of its focus areas of Research, Workforce Development, and Technology Transfer. Additionally, advisory panels and committees make recommendations on specific projects or activities.
The following individuals serve on the Advisory Committee:
State Transportation Agencies
- Ahmad Abu-Hawash, AASHTO COBS T-4 Vice-Chair, Iowa DOT
- Nancy Daubenberger, Minnesota DOT
- Shoukry Elnahal, former Chief Engineer, Delaware River and Bay Authority
- Sam Fallaha, Florida DOT
- Kristin Higgins, Vermont Agency of Transportation
- Bruce Johnson, former State Bridge Engineer, Oregon
- Mal Kerley, former Chief Engineer, Virginia
- Bijan Khaleghi, Washington State DOT
- Ted Kniazewycz, Tennessee DOT
- Paul Liles, former State Bridge Engineer, Georgia
- Elmer Marx, Alaska DOT&PF
- Tom Ostrom, California DOT
- Robert Robertson, Florida DOT
- Anoosh Shamsabadi, California High-Speed Rail Authority
- Cheryl Hersh Simmons, AASHTO COBS T-4 Chair, Utah DOT
- Carmen Swanwick, AASHTO COBS Chair, Utah DOT
- Kevin Thompson, former State Bridge Engineer, California
Federal Highway Administration
- Romeo Garcia, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Riad Asfahani, Tube-Tech, LLC
- John Busel, American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA)
- Jeff Carlson, National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA)
- Reid Castrodale, Lightweight concrete rep.
- Mike Culmo, CME Associates, Inc.
- Jerry DiMaggio, Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- Carlos Duart, CDR Maguire
- Bill Duguay, Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), rep.; J.D. Abrams, LP
- Gregg Freeby, American Segmental Bridge Institute (ASBI)
- Richard Juliano, American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA)
- Jugesh Kapur, WSP USA
- Sandra Larson, Stanley Consultants
- William Nickas, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI)
- Eliza Partington, WGI
- Tom Zink, Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Taek-Ryong Seong, RIST – South Korea
- Chan-Hee Park, RIST – South Korea