Call for Abstracts
How to Submit Abstract
Abstracts are welcome from bridge design engineers in the U.S. and outside the U.S., with projects carried out outside the U.S.
Abstracts are welcome from academia and other bridge stakeholders outside the U.S. on their experiences, research results, and lessons learned that impact ABC. In particular, fabricators, erectors, precasters, construction professionals, maintenance engineers, transportation officials, policy makers, marketing professionals, and industry suppliers are encouraged to submit abstracts online. See below for conference topics.
Those interested in presenting at the conference should submit a one-page abstract by 11:59 pm EDT, August 27, 2021. Individuals will be notified of their abstract acceptance by September 10, 2021. Abstracts must be submitted online at https://abc-utc.fiu.edu/conference/abstract-submission/.
The authors of abstracts selected for presentation will have the option of submitting an extended abstract (minimum of 3 pages) or a full paper (maximum of 10 pages) for inclusion in the conference proceeding.
The conference topics will include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
|Design considerations||Substructure||Short- and long-term monitoring|
|Ultra High Performance Concrete||Automation and robotic construction||Nondestructive testing|
|Service life design||Innovative materials||Inspection|
|Accelerating retrofitting processes||International experiences||State ABC initiatives|
|Construction considerations||Research results||Contracting|
|Fabrication considerations||Lessons learned||Policy, planning, and procurement|
|Erection considerations||Cost comparison||Specifications|
|Constructability||Insurance issues||Budget and financing|
|Heavy moves||Analysis software||Public outreach|
|Traffic management||Visualization tools||Proprietary systems and technologies|
|Prefabricated elements and systems||Decision-making tools|
Who Should Attend the Conference?
Bridge design engineers; consultants; fabricators; erectors; precasters; construction professionals; maintenance engineers; transportation officials; policy makers; marketing professionals; International, U.S. federal, U.S. state, and U.S. local agencies; city, county, and regional officials; industry suppliers; academicians; and bridge professionals with any aspect of bridge design, construction, or maintenance.
The focus of the conference will be on international experiences in the fields affecting accelerated bridge construction in general, including international case studies and projects; prefabricated bridge elements, systems, and technologies; use of advanced materials such as ultra-high-performance materials, innovative construction methods and techniques; policies; contracting methods; and marketing strategies that will facilitate accelerated construction of bridges using various materials and techniques. ABC projects successfully completed outside the U.S. will be presented. The 2021 conference will be different from previous conferences: a) it is fully virtual and b) it focuses on international experiences.
State Departments of Transportation and non-profit and bridge-related organizations and agencies will be co-sponsoring the 2021 Virtual ABC Conference. Following is the current list of Conference Co-Sponsors:
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- Alabama Dept. of Transportation
- Alaska DOT&PF
- Arizona Dept. of Transportation
- California Dept. of Transportation
- Colorado Dept. of Transportation
- Connecticut Dept. of Transportation
- Delaware Dept. of Transportation
- Florida Dept. of Transportation
- Georgia Dept. of Transportation
- Illinois Dept. of Transportation
- Indiana Dept. of Transportation
- Iowa Dept. of Transportation
- Louisiana Dept. of Transp. & Dev.
- Maine Dept. of Transportation
- Michigan Dept. of Transportation
- Missouri Dept. of Transportation
- Minnesota Dept. of Transportation
- Mississippi Dept. of Transportation
- Nebraska Dept. of Transportation
- Nevada Dept. of Transportation
- Oklahoma Dept. of Transportation
- Oregon Dept. of Transportation
- Pennsylvania Dept. of Transportation
- Tennessee Dept. of Transportation
- Texas Dept. of Transportation
- Utah Dept. of Transportation
- Vermont Agency of Transportation
- Washington State DOT
- West Virginia Dept. of Transportation
- Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation
- Wyoming Dept. of Transportation
To become a co-sponsor, please contact Atorod Azizinamini (email@example.com, 305-348-3821).
Sponsored and Organized by
Accelerated Bridge Construction University Transportation Center (ABC-UTC)
Florida International University
Civil and Environmental Engineering Department
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Florida International University
10555 W. Flagler Street, EC 3680
Miami, FL 33174
Phone: (305) 348-0074
For video clips capturing highlights of past conferences please click here