The ABC-UTC is a resource center for ABC-related materials. Links on the left menu provide extensive information:
- Project & Research Databases. The ABC-UTC is working in cooperation with FHWA, bridge owners, and other bridge professionals to accumulate available completed construction projects in which ABC technologies are used, for posting in the ABC Project Database; and also completed, ongoing, and proposed research projects investigating ABC technologies, for posting in the ABC Research Database.
- State DOTs. ABC-related materials are available from a number of State DOTs.
- Implemented Advanced Technologies. Proprietary and non-proprietary innovations that have at least one project included in the ABC Project Database and have been presented in an ABC-UTC monthly webinar featured presentation are described in detail.
- Industry. The concrete, steel, and composites bridge industries are partners as ABC technologies are implemented nationwide.
- TRB ABC Joint Subcommittee. The focal point for Transportation Research Board (TRB) ABC activities is the ABC Joint Subcommittee under the Structures Section and Construction Section of the Design and Construction Group in the Technical Activities Division of TRB.
- FHWA. The Federal Highway Administration provides national ABC leadership and has a number of ABC-related products.
- SHRP2 Implementation. An AASHTO / FHWA / TRB partnership, SHRP2 produced several ABC-related products now being implemented nationwide.
History of ABC Implementation in the U.S.
ABC implementation in the U.S. has been significantly advanced due to the leadership of state DOTs in partnership with the Transportation Research Board, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, the Federal Highway Administration, and academic and industry partners. A paper on the history of those collaborative efforts was presented at the ABC-UTC’s first National ABC Conference in 2014. Click here to read the updated paper.